UA-6790148-3

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My first days in India

I arrived in Mumbai/Bombay on the 26th of April. My first impressions are that I am pleasantly surprised the lack of hassle from touts or beggars on the streets. It really is a lot better than I had prepared myself for. What I hadn't prepared for was the intense heat. I had expected 30-35 Celsius not the 40-45 that I have been experiencing since I arrived. The Indians say its not normal to be this hot in April, they are saying the monsoons may come early this year. SO I am drinking loads of water and then topping it off with Kingfisher beer, India's Finest Lager.

Navigating this city by car is not for the faint at heart. The roads are filled with black and yellow cabs taking you anywhere you want to go for not even a tenth of what you would pay in the US or Europe for a cab ride. However the cabs with AC do charge more. And along with the masses of cars comes a constant streaming of horns, it doesn't stop. One actually drowns it out after awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment