UA-6790148-3

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Czech Country side

Well I should have been in India on the 21st. But due to that damn Volcano Eyjafjallajokull I am still in the Czech Republic. So I decided to go to this Army surplus store to see if I could source some new bags to reconstruct. I found the road closed and a detour. So I took the detour and when I got to the road where the detour should have stopped I found the road closed, lol. I asked the guys who were not working on the road but trying to push a tractor out of a ditch if I could go through they said, no. I told them where I was going they told me to go back from where I came from, HUH? So I decided to back track a bit and use my internal GPS to see if i could get to where I wanted to go.

I found myself on a tiny back road through the Czech countryside, it was rather pretty. The trees are starting to bud and the grass was green and the sky was blue, and then I took a turn and saw the most typical site of the Czech Republic. A power station!





Yep thats what it looks like, there are about 10 of these power plants all within 60 kms of each other.

So after getting lost and traversing the Czech country side for another way to get to the Army shop. My internal GPS ,I have an unbelievable sense of direction, took me out back onto the road I needed to be on, and right across the street from me up a hill was the Army shop I was looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment